Trouble installing Windows with Boot Camp

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been attempting to get Boot Camp on my Mac OS X Leopard for a while now but every time i attempt to partition my disc ( 32 gigs for Windows XP ) I get the error message:

Back up the disk and use Disk Utility to format it as a single Mac OS Extended (Journaled) volume. Restore your information to the disk and try using Boot Camp Assistant again.

I'm not quite sure how to go about doing that, or honestly what it means.
Any help is appreciated.

OP
M
Reaction score
Trouble with Boot Camp

Hey guys, I've been attempting to get Boot Camp on my Mac OS X Leopard for a while now but every time i attempt to partition my disc ( 32 gigs for Windows XP ) I get the error message:

Back up the disk and use Disk Utility to format it as a single Mac OS Extended (Journaled) volume. Restore your information to the disk and try using Boot Camp Assistant again.

Any help is appreciated.

OP
M
Reaction score
Help me with Boot Camp

Any help is appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Merged multiple crossposts

Reaction score
You didn't quite give us enough information - read the sticky about about saving hours with Boot Camp. If you can open Boot Camp, click on "restore" for now and see if that gets you back to square one. Then print and read carefully the Boot Camp installation instructions and follow them to the letter, plus read the sticky at the top about Boot Camp.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.