G4 15" AL: Airport jumper cable replacement

Reaction score
Ok. I own a Powerbook G4 15" Aluminum. It is sort of a project. I bought it with many problems. I've fixed the screen and everything, but the wifi never worked past like one bar. It turns out the cable that connects the airport extreme card to the antenna (I replaced the antenna itself) has been pulled out so I am only receiving signals through the card directly. The missing component is this: Airport Antenna Jumper Cable PowerBook G4 Al 15" Apple - eBay (item 350144238983 end time Feb-17-09 07:46:38 PST) (pictured in auction). I have the component now.

So I opened up my powerbook and now I see that the cable goes under the PMCIA slot and I can't seem to route the new one through. Is there any way to replace this cable without removing the logic board?
-thx

PS: I will post pics soon, so you can see the problem

OP
Wman
Reaction score
Also, after closing it up after trying to fix the cable, it no longer boots. The light on the button that normally pulses when it sleeps now does one long flash then two or three short flashes, but it doesn't boot. I don't kow what went wrong as I never even unplugged any cables, except the airport. The only thing I can think of is that I put the RAM in the wrong slot, but IDK if that matters.

OP
Wman
Reaction score
I know this is frowned upon, but I really need this so, bump.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.