How to copy your iPhoto gallery?

L

ldj

Hi all,

Im going to restory my PB soon and i need to know how to import my iPhoto photos and all of the albums just the way it is on my current mac. i tried copying the folder once but i dont think it worked. Does any body know how to FULLY copy the iPhoto gallery and the albums.

tia.

OP
V

vtupser

You can go to www.versiontracker.com and dl an iPhoto library manager that allows you to have multiple libraries since iPhoto normally only allows one. You can then basically copy what you have now over to a new library on an external drive or CD. Another option would be to just copy the entire iPhoto library folder to a CD. You should be able to import it back again once you restore.

OP
L

ldj

vtupser said:
You can go to www.versiontracker.com and dl an iPhoto library manager that allows you to have multiple libraries since iPhoto normally only allows one. You can then basically copy what you have now over to a new library on an external drive or CD. Another option would be to just copy the entire iPhoto library folder to a CD. You should be able to import it back again once you restore.

Ok thanks, i tried to import it to my other mac and it worked. Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.