Nikon Capture NX 2 question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2.4 Ghz 250GB 4GB RAM
I edited a RAW (NEF) file taken with my Nikon using Capture NX 2 trial software and saved it to my desktop. I then imported it to iPhoto and when it came to opening the picture in iPhoto it seemed to have lost the editing that I had done to it. Is iPhoto not able to show the editing I have undertaken?

Any help/advice appreciated.

Reaction score
As far as I know iPhoto can't read the data that NX2 uses to save the nikon nef's. It's the reason that NX2 can do all of the edit's in a non-destructive matter but if you want iphoto to display properly i think you might have to save in another format. This is one of the reasons I am considering photo mechanic as a photo browser since it reads nikon's raw files so well.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2.4 Ghz 250GB 4GB RAM
Many thanks, I have been playing with the NX 2 save options and found that saving the native NEF file as a JPG and TIFF in NX 2 will allow me to view the image in iPhoto. Bit of a pain having to save two images though :|

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 24" Imac 2.93ghz 4gb RAM 640gb HDD GT130 GPU
Once you do you processing in NX2 you just save it as a .jpg unless you have a lot more retouching to do in PS. I usually just do a batch process in NX2 and save them all as .jpgs to a new folder then delete or move the .nef files to a dvd.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
save as TIFF's if you can.. they still hold original quality. JPEG is compressed

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.