Current Macbook vs Unibody version

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, Acer second display 1TB Iomega HD, iPad 32GB wifi, iphone 4, sprint overdrive
OK, so I have some money coming soon from a big project I am doing. I am trying to tell myself I don't need the new Macbook Unibody. I use the Macbook as my desktop hooked to a 22" Monitor. Mostly for doing small business stuff, surfing, email, currently converting entire DVD collection to HD via Handbrake(using an external Pioneer DVD drive), photos, etc. No Gaming.

Current MB White specs: Spring 08 model
2.4GHz Intel
4GB Ram
320HD 7200rpm

So, tell me I am crazy. Or, why I should sell this one and get the Unibody.

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No matter what my opinion is, if you have the "hots" for a new unibody aluminum MacBook, chances are you're going to buy one anyway. :)

But, I'll give you my opinion: (since you asked)

Your current machine and what you're using it for is more than enough for your needs. With the economy the way it is, put that $$$ away for a rainy day. (Advice my mother used to give me.) :)

Regards.

OP
jg24
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, Acer second display 1TB Iomega HD, iPad 32GB wifi, iphone 4, sprint overdrive
I know I agree. But, but, but. Oh, I have to think about it. Maybe, I'll save it for our cruise next year.

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.