Backlight

M

MacManc

I have been trying to turn on the backlight on my powerbook but I can't figure out where to turn it on. The Mac Help says the contol is in system preferences under Keyboard and Mouse. I have looked here and I can't find it. Any Ideas?
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum 12" 1.33ghz PowerBook G4 w/ 1280mb RAM, 80gb 5400rpm HD, 64mb vid RAM
If you have a 12", then it doesn't have a backlight. They don't really tell you that anywhere, but it's only on the larger models. I tried to figure that one out once, too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Even on the 15" only the top models have keyboard backlight...

OP
M

MacManc

I have a PB 1.33 15 incher I just purchased it at the beginning of september. How do you know if its the top of the line or not?
Thanks

Reaction score
Right now with the powerbooks, both 15" models have the backlit keyboard. before they updated, didn't the second 15" model (superdrive) have the backlit keyboard.? I think that is what avalon is referring to.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.