• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Software Piracy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
At college I am taking a course in which we write a report on a subject of our choice. I chose software piracy. As part of the course, we have to conduct primary research in the field, so I was hoping you guys would be able to help me out.

If you could answer the following questions (Yes/no will suffice for most, you can expand if you wish) I would be very grateful.

I'm sure this has probably been covered in other topics, but I would like to hear what people have to say.

Ok, here goes:

1. Have you ever pirated software? (Y/N)

2. Do you feel that piracy hurts large companies?

3. And small?

4. How do you feel towards piracy?

5. How does it differ from media piracy?

6. Would you pirate music but not software? Or vice versa? (Y/N)

7. What do you think would stop piracy?

8. And what do you think is currently driving pirates?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
liamkirwan said:
4. How do you feel towards piracy?
Forum Rules said:
We choose to follow United States law in regard to what is permissible to be discussed here.

Therefore discussion of illegal file sharing, cracked programs, requests for serial numbers, and any other breaches of copyright or other illegal activity are not allowed in these forums.

This also includes discussion of breaking the terms of software or hardware EULAs.

This thread will now be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.