Mac mini Vs Doom OSX game

Reaction score
Has any one done it yet? Anyone here that has a Mini ever play DOOM3 on it? If so how does it play it?

- Also report games that you played on your mini and how did it do?

I am thinking about getting some OSX games here shortly.

Reaction score
Doom 3 for Mac OS X isn't even out yet, I doubt it will run very well if at all.

System Requirements:
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.3.6 or later
CPU Processor: PowerPC G5 or later
CPU Speed: 1.5GHz or faster
Memory: 384 MB or higher
Hard Disk Space: 2.2GB free disk space
Video Card (ATI): Radeon 8500 or better
Video Card (NVidia): GeForce FX 5200 or better
Video Memory (VRam): 64 MB or higher
Media Required: DVD Drive

I

IChing

How can you play when its released on the 15th of Feb.?
the preliminary system requirements now projected for the game: When Aspyr originally announced its Mac conversion of Doom 3, it specified a G5 processor. Now the company says a G4 or G5 processor will work. Full system requirements call for a G4 or G5/1.5GHz or faster, 512MB RAM, 2.0GB hard disk space, ATI Radeon 9600 or Nvidia GeForceFX 5200 or better 3D graphics with at least 64MB VRAM and DVD drive. Doom 3 is rated M for Mature by the ESRB.(better means much better, min. means it will load)
It played on my athelon but not at full detail with a 128vram card, doubt it will play on the mini.

OP
shift
Reaction score
Guys, I didnt say I played it or had it. I am just asking :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4, ipod nano, ipod video and a whole lotta love
i have ghost recon on a mac mini, works just fine, but I also HAD sim city and that blew. hope that helps;)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have a Mini 1.25Ghz with 512Megs ram. Besides the included games, I have tried Dungeon Seige and Halo. Dungeon Seige plays very well as long as you don't try to play at really HIGH resolutions, 800x600 was totally playable.

Halo stock was fine but I turned up the resolution to 800x600 and the detail up a notch or so, it still was quite playable but there was a little jerkiness when a lot of the evil creatures were attacking me close by but I was able to win 3 levels so far, so to me it's playable even pushed way above what you should try.

Remember, the Mini is not really a Game System. The Radeon 9200 with 32Megs VRAM is the limiting factor, but I am suprised that even with some pretty demanding games just how well it does play them.

My friend James has a Dual 2.0 G5 with the Nvidia FX-5200 and so far every game he has tried has been very smooth and playable for him. Halo and Battlefield 1942 on his G5 are smooth as silk.

shift said:
Has any one done it yet? Anyone here that has a Mini ever play DOOM3 on it? If so how does it play it?

- Also report games that you played on your mini and how did it do?

I am thinking about getting some OSX games here shortly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.