macbook fan running more often

Reaction score
so recently the fan has been running more often on our macbook

what gives ?????
its 2.0 dual core machine i have upgraded the HD and memory and just recently rebuilt it and after the rebuild the fan runs pretty the entire time i have it open

causes? solutions? etc....

it is out of warranty

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Rebuilt how? Software? Hardware?

Regards.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You're fan may be clogging up with dust. Try using a can of compressed air to blow out any dust or any other particulates that may be building up around the fan.

OP
S
Reaction score
come to think ofit i started noticing it after i had the case replaced becasue it was cracking

hmmmmmmm

but as long as i have it open it is running all the time untill i close it

crap

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The fan should be running all the time. I think what you mean is that the fan is loud. Closing the lid puts the machine to sleep - that turns the fan off. So it would seem the fan is operating the way it should.

A loud fan could be because the RPM is ramped up. (spinning faster) That might be because of heat or it may be as Van suggested - the fan is clogged with dirt.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.