Problem installing XP using Boot Camp

Reaction score
I have a 15" pro with leopard installed. I am attempting to use boot camp (the version that came with leopard) to install Windows XP and I am having some trouble.

After opening up boot camp and partitioning the hard drive, I am asked to insert my Windows XP or Vista CD. I insert my CD (retail copy, installation version, not upgrade, with SP2), and after several seconds, the CD is ejected from the drive, and I am told that an installation CD cannot be detected.

I have heard of others having this problem, but have heard of no definable solution.

Any help would be great.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Are you sure the disc isn't damaged/dirty? Try it on another machine to see if the disc is recognized properly.

OP
F
Reaction score
From what i can see, there is no visible damage to the disc, and I was able to use it to boot up a PC. I haven't attempted inserting it into another Mac, however...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.