Problems with downloading mac update 10.5.6

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0GHZ 13.3 160GB GFORCE9400
Hi everybody

Yesterday I was trying to download the latest update for mac os .
after a while i got a message that i cannot download the file and i should try latter .

I tried to download the file both Firefox and Safari and still got the same problem.

I decided to try download the file with my old PC . the file downloaded successfully . I tried to install it on my macbook and got the following message.

I opened new user and tried it their but still got the same downloading problems.(I didn't try to mount it ).

Do you have any solution for me?

Thanks !:)

4.png

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Have you tried updating to 10.5.6 through Software Update (Apple logo in top left corner > Software Update...)?

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0GHZ 13.3 160GB GFORCE9400
Problem with 10.5.6 update

Hi everybody

2 days ago i tried to download the latest apple update for mac os x and after a while i got a massege that says i cannot download the file and i should try latter ( I was using firefox for this)

I tried also with safari -with safari i needed to resume the download every 10 minutes . finally the file was downloaded but the system chouldn't mount the file . I tried download the file with my PC and the file was doanloading without any problems but still when i was trying to mount it i got the "codec overrun" error , so i searched on the net in order to find a solution and a lot of people says that they have got the same problem and the solution is to press "skip" on the verification level , i did it and the file mounted seccessfully but the question is if it's ok or should i not installed the update becuase if this problem?

thanks ! :Oops:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.