New iBook user

M

Maxwell690

Hi

I've just bought a new iBook (G4 1.33 14"), very pleased with my purchase. I've seen how good the responses for other peoples questions and as I had one or two myself, I hoped you may be able to help me.

1. Is it possible to import the audio from a regular dvd into itunes (aac files). I have quite a few stand-up dvds that I would like tto listen to on my ipod.

2. Does anyone user the Griffin PowerMate, what are your views on it. I work with very long documents in Word and Excel and seems it would be useful but its pretty pricey (£40ish).

3. I am able to get a free university copy of Virex (sp.) is it worth getting virus software, I read somewhere that it can really slow the computer down (I have 512mb RAM).

4. Is it possible to get a Fortran compiler running through OS X.

Thanks in advance.

OP
S

sebeck

As far as getting DVD audio, i just use audio hijack. It might not be the easiest method out there, but it works. I like to rip the speech from movies so that I can listen to the movie through the car stereo on roadtrips. If you've seen the movie before, it's almost just like watching it, it really passes the time.

Reaction score
At the moment their are no viruses for OSX so their is no need to install virus software but this can always change in the future. If its a version that can be updated so not an OEM version then I'd do it but not install it, then at least if a virus does come along you can update the software at a good price and protect your system. Lets hope that viruses are never written for OSX but that could be wishful thinking.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.