Imac good for graphics?

Reaction score
Hi!:)

I just want to buy a mac for 3d and video editing.

I currently have a black macbook with integrated intel gma (64mb) and its not enough for me.

Will Imac with ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO 256MB do the job of running such applications as FInal cut studio, after effects, 3ds max (via bootcamp or parrallels) quite effectively- (3d video compositing, rendering with mental ray, in depth masking, 3d modelling) ?

oh yea...and will it run games such as Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, Space Siege properly? :D

Thanks

George

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The iMac with its discrete graphics chipset should be able to run FCS and the games you mentioned. Be sure to order the best graphics option you can afford. Have you thought about buying a new unibody aluminum MacBook? The new models have a very fast nVidia chipset which should also suffice for what you need.

Regards.

OP
G
Reaction score
Thank you for your answer.

So is the graphics card on the new aluminum-unibody macbook better than on Imac, or are they more or less the same?

thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No, the iMac still holds the advantage since there are more and better options for graphics. But as I said previously, a unibody aluminum MacBook may be all you need.

Regards.

OP
G
Reaction score
Cheers.

I think ill get an imac after all :)

Thank you for your help.

Apple 4eva!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
The Radeon 2600 will be fine for everything you need.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.