PC user with question about mac remote desktop

Reaction score
ok I have a person that wants to set up a network with macs. fine should be easy enough. the hard part about it is, I think, she wants to be able to access her system at work from home and vice versa. on a windows system , it built in you just set up remote desktop. on a mac im not sure, do you have to buy the ARD software or is there a function built into the system for this?

ps, I guessed about the os version, but im assuming that she has the most current version, I havent actually seen the setup yet.

OP
L
Reaction score
no it will be mac to mac, no PCs involved. I will read up on that, but does it provide full functionality. I mentioned the pc remote desktop because thats what im used to, you running the computer youre logged into over the internet for all intents and purposes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz Aluminium MacBook
VNC server is built into OSX. All you need is the viewer. Is leopard server involved in the setup?

OP
L
Reaction score
Im not sure yet, but I dont think, so. there will only be 2 or 3 computers in the office and the one at the house. I dont think a server will be necessary. we will have a NAS though, but that should be simple enough.

so VNC is built in, when did they start putting it in?? OSX 10.0? so we wouldnt need the 300 dollar ARD?? does the viewer have to be downloaded somewhere?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.