Safari 4 Beta Issues

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
It only does it the first time, much like the intro video to OS X after you first turn on your computer after you purchase it.

Reaction score
Safari window Lock

I have recently installed Safari 4beta. I recently swithced back to a mac.

Now in Safari there are tabs, tabs you can move by dragging the resize icon. Now I view my pages in full screen because thats how I like it. NOw from time to time I move tabs back and forth.

Now when I try to move I accidently move the whole window of safari.

Is there a way to have the safari window lock in full screen. ? so that I can not accidently move it - like the max option in windows

Reaction score
Safari WIndow Lock

I have recently installed Safari 4beta. I recently swithced back to a mac.

Now in Safari there are tabs, tabs you can move by dragging the resize icon. Now I view my pages in full screen because thats how I like it. NOw from time to time I move tabs back and forth.

Now when I try to move I accidently move the whole window of safari.

Is there a way to have the safari window lock in full screen. ? so that I can not accidently move it - like the max option in windows

Reaction score
Issue

Hey guys, I am running mac osx 10.4.11
i downloaded the appropriate safari 4.0 and i can't seem to install it; mount it rather.

any ideas?

Reaction score
Safari 4.0 Issue

Hey guys,
running mac OS X 10.4.11

downloaded the appropriate (tiger version) of the safari 4... can't mount it... just a blank white page icon :\ but for the leopard one it has a package icon but I have NO clue what the prob is...

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Could be a corrupted/incomplete download. Have you tried re-downloading it? Did it successfully verify the image?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
I downloaded Safari 4, and I can't view the MLB Broadband page. I can view it on Firefox 3 and Opera 10 (Alpha), but not Safari 4. That seems to be the only problem, though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 Gh.z Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB of 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM 500 GB 7200 RPM internal, 500 extenal
Hello, this is my first time so bear with me if I am in the wrong place. I just wanted to note a few things.

I downloaded Safari beta 4 as I did with 3, expecting no problems. I was having issues with learning how to train the pages, versus opera where you just set the pages as tabs in a way.

Well, anyway, I turned on my imac the other day and to my disbelief for the 1st time i was having serious software problems. I had a menu bar behind mine with a different name and the language was set as french. there was even a new desktop with its own hd icon and folders on it. I was upset and confused as to how a software glitch could create information like that, and I still do not understand. I think it had to come from somewhere.

Well I ran Disk Utility and it came up with a few little issues but they were fixed. Than I ran permissions and had pages of permission errors that could not be fixed. It can down to an erase and install and then doing the software updates. Than I ran DU (disk utility) and it was clean, tried the beta again and now I have to erase and install all over again. Maybe I'll try it on a new partition and see how it works over time with all the errors. It may fix 2 or 3, but they'll come back. I copied them if you would like to see any erros I will post em before i reinstall

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power book G4 3 years old and still going strong
I am having exactly the same problem, but have an old powerbook that I have the older version of safari on, I have been posting bug reports every single time I try to log on.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Very strange. Did you get the Installation file directly from Apple?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 Gh.z Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB of 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM 500 GB 7200 RPM internal, 500 extenal
Yes, I always download directly from Apple. If you run Disk Utility, you mean you do not get any permission errors, let alone any symptoms?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reporting Bugs to Apple basically sends a file to a place with a giant list of files where engineers analyze and interpret the data, so you can imagine the length of time it could take. Some people think that this goes directly to AppleCare Technicians, and is doesn't so they can't help. It is beta so they will not help anyway, except uninstalling and reinstalling 3. It is still important in the long run to report bugs, but as any kind of quick fix, not going to happen, sorry. (i was tier 1 for a few)

Reaction score
Safari 4, problemo

Hotmail doesn't work, cant open messages. Also, new additioon of tabs at the top seems pretty slow. Briefly, it nuisance. Back to Firefox to rectify.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You are not the only one having problems with Hotmail and Safari 4. Remember, if you see any problems with the beta, send a bug report. While Apple may not enjoy getting so many to read, it will help ensure that these issues get fixed.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Found a way to crash Safari 4 on my MBP.

Just have to enter 'Dell beep code' in the google search field and press enter.

Shuts it down every time.

lol, guess it doesn't want me working on another PC

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.