Mac Shortcuts!!

D

Dookie

Ok! This is ticking me off. I accidently deleted the network shortcut in the finder window, the one right above the Macintosh HD on the left side. I was trying to get it back and also ended up deleting the shortcut from the system preferences window on the top. Now I have no clue of wth to do to get it back. Can someone help me out cause it's really getting on my nerves just trying to get the shortcuts back!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Dookie said:
Ok! This is ticking me off. I accidently deleted the network shortcut in the finder window, the one right above the Macintosh HD on the left side. I was trying to get it back and also ended up deleting the shortcut from the system preferences window on the top. Now I have no clue of wth to do to get it back. Can someone help me out cause it's really getting on my nerves just trying to get the shortcuts back!

Go > Computer

It should be right there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
as for in system preferences, click show all, under 'Internet & Network' section is the network system preference, just drag it back to the top of system preferences where it was before.

OP
D

Dookie

technologist said:
Go > Computer

technologist said:
Go > Computer

Alright, but do you know how I can get the shortcut back into the finder column above the Macintosh HD? Where the shortcut normally was before it got deleted?

The system preferences one is now fixed. Thnx Macman. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Dookie said:
Alright, but do you know how I can get the shortcut back into the finder column above the Macintosh HD? Where the shortcut normally was before it got deleted?

Position your mouse pointer over the icon, press and hold down the button, move the mouse pointer over the destination location, and release the mouse button.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
in the finder, click Finder>Preferences>Sidebar> put a check next to network. wait, do you mean the toolbar on top, or the sidebar? that was for the sidebar, for the toolbar, in the finder, click Go>Computer, in the window that comes up, network should be there, drag and drop the network icon into the top bar. thats it.

OP
D

Dookie

Thnx Macman. Side bar is now fixed. But there's a qeustionmark on my tool bar and everytime I click on it, it says item cannot be found. Do you know how I can remove the qeustionmark? Sorry for all these noobish qeustions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thats something you deleted in the system or something. was it an app or folder?
when you ddelete something that has an alias in the dock, sidebar, or toolbar, it leaves a ? where the alias was.

OP
D

Dookie

It was the network icon in the computer's folder. I accidently placed it there while trying to fix the sidebar problem but for some reason it never appeared till I restarted my comp. All that showed was a qeustion mark. Does that make any sense?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yes. These kind of things sometimes don't load properly until you restart or log out.

You'll notice similar behaviour if you change icons for apps or folders - sometimes the icons in the toolbar or sidebar aren't updated until you log out and back in again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.