Upgrading to Leopard...

Reaction score
Hi. I've got a Powerbook G4 from about 3 years ago, running 10.4.11. My wife just bought a new iMac, and I put her iWork 08 CD into my computer and it installed just fine...I thought it wasn't going to let it be installed on multiple computers, but it worked. Can I do the same with her Leopard disc to upgrade my OS? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
If it's a re-install disc, which is the one that comes with every mac, then you can't. If it is an actual copy of Leopard that you bought separately from the Apple store, I don't see any reason why you can't. Except maybe it can only be registered on one computer at a time? Like Finale can only be registered on three different computers. (music notation program.) I think that a family pack can be installed on 5 computers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
If the Leopard install disc is a silver grey colour, no you cannot. It is what is known as a system restore disc and will work only with the model it came with alas. You need a black full retail install DSVD with the PowerBook having a processor faster than 867MHz.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.