• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Grrr fedex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
Just a little rant, I ordered my textbooks on the 10th I have gotten all but one. And two of them are at the same company, shipped from the same location, but all the rest were shipped with ups and showed up on the 14th. Guess what the only dang book that was shipped through fedex has still not been delivered. I have untill the end of this week to get my book, or I will be forced to drop the class because fedex can't get it together and get my package to me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Hey, at least your professor hasn't yelled at you when you bring in a photocopy of the text that you were forced to make because the book was being delivered later that day.

OP
gagnerants
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't think that I will get that here to much, since I'm at a community college for now, but it's because of all this budget crap CA was going through. So because they were not able to get the budget done in time, the college had to get loans to stay open. End story there is half as many classes as there was.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I know what you mean, back at undergrad when the budget was cut by a couple hundred million we lost a bunch of courses and the number of people in general courses practically doubled. Suffice it to say, sitting in a room with 300-400 people is not conducive to learning biology or chemistry.

OP
gagnerants
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Heh I'm a computer science major, so sitting in the class for the A+ certification eh, well about 40 or 50 students there. The class is so over filled we have to go to a normal lecture hall, and only go to the lab classroom only on days we do normal lab activities, and then we take shifts.

OP
gagnerants
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just a little update, called them today and the lady did a little checking into the warehouse and it turns out it was "Misplaced" the day before it was supposed to leave....
So how awesome is that get to give up my seat, sweet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Why will you be forced to drop out of the class? Can't you just borrow somebody else's book in the meantime? Also, explain to the professor, they tend to be rather understanding (unless you have a psycho Contracts professor like mine)

OP
gagnerants
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I emailed him have not heard back, but it would be due to the classes are over the limit of students per professor. But at least the company I ordered through is shipping out a new book on over night shipping, and if I get dropped from the class the refund the book, and give me free 2 day shipping on my next order.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac 1.42 GHz, 512 MB RAM, 40 GB HDD, OS X 10.4
I don't know what it is about FedEx, but they can never get anything right.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, hope they work out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.