Emac heat

S

SniperZ

I was wondering do Emacs get hot like the old Imacs did from having the crt built in?
Was just wondering IF it has a fan built in , also I was gonna get a Imac but heck if these things dont have any problems I will get one of these bad boys.
Thanks for your help.
Oh ya BTW I am switching from PC to Mac:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
SniperZ said:

Oh ya BTW I am switching from PC to Mac:)

Sorry I don't know much about the eMacs and iMacs, I've never heard anything about them having heat problems, just the fact that the monitor isn't LCD :p

But hey! Welcome to the team, I'm a recent switcher also and beleive me Macs are awesome! And don't worry about Games or Software, with PC emulators getting more advanced we'll be playing PC games also.

sKaD

OP
S

SniperZ

But hey! Welcome to the team, I'm a recent switcher also and beleive me Macs are awesome! And don't worry about Games or Software, with PC emulators getting more advanced we'll be playing PC games also.

sKaD[/QUOTE]
Oh ya glad to be switching from windoze, I had a Early modle iMac before and it got hot and the graphics on the board went south sent it back never had a Mac since then.
IM plain tired of Windows crap tho non stop upgrading, makes a man broke...
Thanks again.... :moneymout

OP
H

HopperJonusFang

Me too. This is my first post on the forum and I'd like to share some of my thoughts if I may!
I have been using PC's for years and I knew they were crap all along. For a while I wanted a Mac but instead invested in Amiga systems. Now I am weeks away from buying my first Mac, which will most likely be an eMac 1GHz G4 with combo drive.

I cant wait. I have been buying loads of Mac magazines to keep me going and when I get it I know I am going to love it.

OP
E

Eli

Emac Heat

I've had mine for 8 months now and couldn't be happier. It doesn't get very hot, even after hours of use. It is a little loud, but what can you expect? My only regret is buying mine before they got 1ghz processors. I've used Macs for ~14 years now, don't let the educational/entry level label fool you, This is truly a solid Mac.

"Never ask a man what computer he uses. If it's a Mac, he'll tell you.
If it's not, why embarrass him?"
Tom Clancy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.