installing osx from 9.2 questions

Reaction score
First off I have searched for a few hours on some specific info I need and have not been able to get an exact answer for what I need.

hopefully someone here can help?

I have a G4 tower - 400mhz - AGP graphics. I have two drives installed. The one that came with it and an internal maxtor that has 4 partitions. I think 30gb per partition

I use the computer for digital audio only and wanted to install a new version of DIgital Performer that runs only on OSX.

Question is should I install OSx on one of the second drive partitions or can i install on the same drive as oS9 and just run os9 in classic mode through osx?

also can i go to os 10.3 directly from 9.2.2?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Question is should I install OSx on one of the second drive partitions or can i install on the same drive as oS9 and just run os9 in classic mode through osx?
You can still run Classic from the OS 9 drive partition if you install OS X on a secondary partition.
You don't have to have the two on the same partition in order to run Classic in OS X.

also can i go to os 10.3 directly from 9.2.2?
If you have the full install for 10.3, then you most certainly can.
It should install and keep your OS 9.2.2 install for Classic use.

OP
D
Reaction score
Ok thanks!! I guess last question would be I have an install disk set( 2 DISKS) for a powerbook G4. osx 10.3.4 can I use this for the install?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I have an install disk set( 2 DISKS) for a powerbook G4. osx 10.3.4 can I use this for the install?
No.
You would need a full retail install disc set.
The discs you have are machine specific for the PowerBook and won't work on your desktop.

OP
D
Reaction score
ahh! Is ebay a source for this or Apple store? Also which 10.3? do I need the earliest one? which would be what exactly?

Sorry for all the questions but your help is really appreciated. If you were local I would buy you a beer!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.