Transfering data between Macs..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 2Ghz Dual PPC,G4 Powerbook,and a G4 Tower 400Mhz
Hi everybody, I have an issue. I recently bought a used G5, I decided to upgrade from my G4 400Mhz dinosaur. Over the years Ive accumulated a lot of music on my G4 on a internal hard drive in installed years ago. I would like to transfer all of the music to my G5, but I'm afraid I might have to reformat the drive thus erasing all of my data. So was hoping to get some answers on, How I can transfer all of my files between my Macs? My G4 is running on Panther and my G5 on Leopard. Could it be as easy as unplugging my hard drive and plugging it in to my G5 or what? All replies are Appreciated.
Mike

Reaction score
If you know how to connect a hard drive internally, this should work. You might have to change the jumpers or just connect the second hard drive on the second IDE channel. Another option would be to connect the two computers with a 6-pin to 6-pin FireWire cable and boot one in Target Disk Mode (hold down the "T" key after the startup chime).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.