iPod Development

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4AlumBook, 4g iphone, 64wifi iPad, Atv2, Ipod classic
Hi guys and gals,

After someone has stolen my new nano which I graciously received for christmas, I am know looking at getting a new one. Problem is I have found the Archos 5. I have researched it and found it to be VERY problematic.

I only like the features of recording from the TV and the formats it supports. I had a touch a while back 1st Gen 16Gb, and sold it due to not really using it.
I was wondering if there is anything out there that enables recording directly from TV to the ipod? I have an elgato usb stick for my Macbook but really the signal is so poor its not worth it in my experience.

Also the format thing still bugs me!!! Why apple cant add DivX support just baffles me, I suppose they sell so many iPods without they don't see why to add it!

I guess the main point of this post was to find out it the H.264 decoder that elgato offer is actually any good at what it does? and to see if there is any kind of dock to record from a TV like the A5?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.