video's on websites not working as they should

Reaction score
Now first everyone is going to say "pause it and let it load."
These video's are fully loaded.
Next you'll say I have a slow internet connection, but I can load other pages fast and the video itself loads fast.
What happens is the video will be playing, on a page like youtube or megavideo and the movie/show will be full loaded but the video feed itself pauses while the audio track continues to play, until the audio pauses also. Then after a few minutes it will catch up. And by catch up I mean the visual part almost fast forwards to the part where the audio stopped. Then it pauses again and continues.
It's not my browser because it isn't working on firefox or safari and it's not the website because I have viewed many different sites containing the same video and they all do the same.
I've cleared space on my hard drive, all my software is up to date.

here are my stats

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac8,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 3 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: IM81.00C1.B00
SMC Version: 1.29f1

I have installed the latest version of flash and also installed Perian. my ISP give me 22800kbps and is very fast.

I STILL HAVE THIS PROBLEM!!! ive downloaded real player and VSL and they both have the same problems

what is going on, this is so annoying!

Thanks in advance!

Tom

Reaction score
Do you have any torrents currently downloading/uploading because if you have this will be the cause?

If not I would first try a few regular maintenance procedures (If you have not already done so). Repair permissions (Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility/Repair disk permissions), empty the browser cache and, if you haven't done so in a while, restart your Mac. If you have Onyx (It's free!) or something similar installed you can do all of these from that, along with running the daily/weekly and monthly maintenance scripts manually etc., etc.

OP
T
Reaction score
No torrents at all, I did the repair and still I am having this problem.

how do i delete my brower catch?

thanks

Reaction score
On Safari just click Safari on the menu bar then choose Empty Cache.

Reaction score
Rosetta

I had the same problem, then i turned off the "open with rosetta"-thingy, and now it's smooth as ever.

hope that works.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.