Firefox Tabs suddenly changed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2006 Macbook Pro 15.4" glossy screen, 2.16 ghz, 640 gb, 2 gb ram
I've got the latest firefox (3.0.6) on my MBP along with the TabMixPlus add-on. When I installed FF 2 a long time ago each tab always had a red x in the corner to easily close the tab without viewing it. When I installed FF3 those x's disappeared. I installed tabmixplus and they reappeared.

Now, out of the blue the x's are gone again. I reinstalled TabMixPlus to see if that would fix it, but I had no luck.

Does anyone know how to get those x's on each tab to easily close them? There's an x on the far right side of the tabs toolbar, but inorder to use it I first have to click on the tab and bring it to the front, then go over and click the x. My other option is to right click on the tab and go down to close tab, which is still one more step than simply clicking the x on the tab.

I WANT MY X'S BACK!

OP
AUZambo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Good gravy...who gets this stuff?

I just completely uninstalled TabMixPlus and they're back. The only thing I miss now is not having the progress bar on background tabs letting me know how much longer 'til they're through loading.

OP
AUZambo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Cool! I just reinstalled Tab Mix Plus and now I'm back to having both the x's and the progress bar on each tab.

computers are stupid.

Thanks for all y'all's help!

Reaction score
Three posts in four minutes. That's 1 minute and 20 seconds between posts. And you're surprised that you didn't get 50 responses?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.