Post count display

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I partly agree, this forum s great, and has 'all the bells and whistles', but taking away the post count is helpful in a way, it streamlines things, there are advantages and disadvantages to
this, but I dont think the forum will suffer from loss of the post count.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I would just like to thank everyone for their input so far on this issue. You can trust that we are taking all your comments into consideration on this issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
witeshark said:
Figure it out, it's in my posts in the thread ;)

OK whiteshark, I surrender. I'm sure that you place a higher degree of importance on the count than I do, but I'm also sure that you will continue to give quality responses without it. :)

D

Danster

Macman said:
I even have a 'fan club'(not really)

Then what were we talking about the other day?

I thought we were opening the Macman-help.com website with 100+ members from this site

Go Macman! Go Macman! Go Macman! :D ;) :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
One of our biggest problems with post count is threads were popin up like "I have #### posts! congrats to me!", there are a lot of other forums who keep their post count up, or even have a member list showing where members stand. But this forum seems to be a younger crowd.. with that, we get immaturity.. like those threads which serve no purpose but to shine a light on the member which has done nothing more than write more posts.

I think if post count ever does come back, we will be sure to lock, delete and temporarily ban members who create threads about how great of a poster they are, or feel the need to update everyone about their post count.

I will continue to believe post count is irrelevant to a members helpfulness. We know who the key members are in this forum, and we know who is just bragging and we know who is honestly just helping people out.

Ps. we will start to re-enforce signature 480x80 and hotlinking images from other hosts.
Rules For any questions please leave a thread or post in suggestions and comments. Also you can chill down to the bottom of the main page and click on forum leads to PM any moderator, memberator or admin.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I know, Im so sorry, that was me. I was just extremely suprised that I could even reach that amount, that was the reason for the above mentioned post. sorry again.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
The forums should have one day out of the month or every other, where all the post counts can be shown and the next day can be all turned off again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the suggestion iWhat.

Like I said earlier everyone, we're taking all your feedback seriously on this issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
How many people ask a question, then read their responses.. then look at the post count and then follow the directions of the person that has the most posts? The only thing that proves is that the person is talkative :) If we could get a rating system on responses.. man forget post count! We would see the ratings of said member and follow the directions of the person that had the highest rating of helpful responses...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
that is something that would be sweet... there has to be a way to do that.. I mean, personally ide prolly have a rating of "off-topic-erator" as my title, but it would be a nice thing to have.. get the elites

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
that does sound cool, though who would do the rating? itd have to be set up in a way that you cant rate yourself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
if only iTunes was open source ......... sigh*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
A little birdie told me some things will be happening in the near future to make everyone happy ;)

D

Danster

what about if the bar underneath your username gave you a rank I.E newbie and when you've been here for awhile or so many post you become a member,
then people give you a rating for your reply and after you get so many gold stars of ppl you become um.. a Power User or summit like that.

just a suggestion :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
sounds good. though Id prefer a simple rating system like for rating threads, but to rate members, not by post count, but by quality of posts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
yep that's what I would like.. rate by post, rate by thread, something like that.. kind of like some of the wiki's have that you can rate the post.. if it gets a good enough ranking, it actually shows the message (you don't have to click on show).. we don't need that, but the idea is the same.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.