Appleworks Problem

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Don't think I count as a switcher because I've only ever owned Macs (an old desktop G3 and a Macbook) & I love 'em but my G3 has recently started giving me trouble and I need some help.

I've been trying to print off my CV but every time I try to launch Appleworks 6 I get this message :

The application 'Appleworks' could not be launched because of a shared library error: '-<Appleworks><MW_MSL.PPC.Shib><InterfaceLib><>"

I've tried repairing permissions and that didn't work. Is my next move to uninstall OSX and try again in the hope that this will fix it? Any advice would be gratefully received.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
You might try reinstalling just AppleWorks, and making sure that you have the latest update (Apple - Support - AppleWorks)

Also, iWork (there's a free demo) should be able to open the file and convert it to something more modern.

OP
D
Reaction score
I like Appleworks - I'm a traditional kind of guy! Found out what the problem was : a folder had been mysteriously renamed. Just had to change it back and hey presto! Instant CV. Weird how these things can happen with no human input.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.