Google Images

R

rdkr

Hiya,
I'm kind of new to web site building and would like to know how to get my site listed on Google Images. My site is alrady indexed by google but not on there images pages and my site is 95% photos of specific locations, a good number of which are not listed on Google Images at all.
I've tried to seach for the answer but with no luck.
I used Adobe PageMill V3/ OS9 to build the site. Oh and i'm not a ludite, the software beens kicking around my desk draw for years, so why buy new stuff.
Richard ( powerbook g4)

Reaction score
Have you written Meta tags into the HTML code with keywords like 'Photo'. This may help.
It's also possible that your server for the website is blocking direct links to files.
The only other thing that I can think of is that if you have a picture of lets say a river but the name of the file is 2667ghf.jpeg then googles not going to be able to find it unless somebody does a search for a letter or number in 2667ghf.

OP
C

ChicoWeb

Takes time to get images listed in google. Also, if you really want them to get listed you should describe the images in your file name. For example, if you have a picture of a cow eating grass, call it cow-eating-grass.jpg, not dcp001.jpg. That right there is huge and just give it some time. It can take up to 6 months.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.