13" unibody macbook HDD upgrade question

Reaction score
hey guys, i got my dream laptop (13" unibody macbook) this christmas and i'm looking to max it out. recently i upgraded my ram to 4gb. now i'm looking to max out my HDD to 500gb (i was kind of disappointed to learn that the max capacity for 2.5" HDD's is 500gb :( ). i did an advanced search on newegg and narrowed it down to these four models:

i'm pretty tempted to get the seagate with the 7200 RPM just because it has the greatest RPM and cache of the four. just wondering though, has anybody had any experiences with these HDD's? if so, were they positive or negative?

also, if you know of a better 500gb 2.5" HDD i could be using for this machine, could you please suggest it?

thanks a bunch!

first post btw. long time lurker, first time poster. sorry if this thread's been done before, let me know if it has and i'll delete.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
My personal opinion: I would go for the Seagate Momentus 7200 RPM drive. Folks who have this drive say it's quiet, and a speedy performer.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.