can't send a web page by email using Safari

Reaction score
Hi anyone have a solution to this problem which just started two days ago. I can't send a web page by email anymore. When I try I get the following message.
"Safari couldn't create an email application . You can use the mail application included with Mac OSX to send web pages. To do so you need to install mail using the Mac OSX installation CDs."
The mail application works fine but no longer with web pages.
Hope someone can help.
Thank you.O:)

Reaction score
my mac did same and i went to mail/preferences/general and for default i made it mail app from applications and now fixed prob

Reaction score
how I fixed mail app angus cooney

Go to PREFERENCES IN MAIL, GENERAL you will see default email reader:, even though it shows your mail.app click the arrow and choose SELECT
then open APPLICATIONS and click on your apple mail.app again and choose. This will reconnect your apple mail to default. I just downloaded thunderbird and deleted it and it messed up my Mail.app. So just do the steps and it will work.

hope it helps.

angus cooney

Reaction score
roblem solved

Hi anyone have a solution to this problem which just started two days ago. I can't send a web page by email anymore. When I try I get the following message.
"Safari couldn't create an email application . You can use the mail application included with Mac OSX to send web pages. To do so you need to install mail using the Mac OSX installation CDs."
The mail application works fine but no longer with web pages.
Hope someone can help.
Thank you.O:)

my question is the same as above i need an answer if possible
Thank you so much I've just followed your instructions in the quote above and have solved my issue I can send web pages again from Safari

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.