Keyboard Layout ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4 ghz 320 GB HDD 2GB DDR3 RAM - iPhone 4s 32 GB Black
Hey guys. I brought my MacBook 2.4 the other week. I ordered it with a british keyboard layout but the @ Symbol is on the number 2 key but on a british keyboard shouldn't it be on the @ key second to the left from the ENTER key ... if u see what i mean ....

Thanks
Jeremy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
press the 2 key with alt, that way you can type @

I have a different language keyboard layout, but that doesn't apply to all keys, i have these as special: ěščřžýáí :D

but characters like @#~ are the same as on the English keyboard, but I need to press alt to type it

it's just the Apple way :)

Reaction score
I think that scathe is not totally right.

The keys may say different, but as long as you have your keyboardsettings to UK the @ should be on the key to the left of the enter-key.
If you put it to American the @ is under shift+2
Guess you'll have to start typing blind ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
I think that scathe is not totally right.

The keys may say different, but as long as you have your keyboardsettings to UK the @ should be on the key to the left of the enter-key.
If you put it to American the @ is under shift+2
Guess you'll have to start typing blind ;)

I'm just going with what mine has(or had by default), I have it set to Czech keyboard layout and it's not exactly the same as the classic layout(meaning on Windows) I had expected, suits me better so I just go with the Mac, but it's not the same ... however this will be different for other people

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4 ghz 320 GB HDD 2GB DDR3 RAM - iPhone 4s 32 GB Black
OK so i shouldn't need to worry about it then ? ... well this is another thing u c. I am pretty sure i have everything set to United Kingdom but the spelling instead of the british spelling of Colour. Its color on here and thats not the right spelling in my region. Is there any way to change this ???

cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, iPad 2 64, 2 x iPod Touch, MBA, 2 x iPhone 3g
Yep, even with UK keyboard it IS the Apple way and you get used to it pretty quickly.

Interesting aside is that running XP under Parallels, the @ is still in the normal place (it's just that 'normal' has changed).

Do you know that, and you can't really maximise a window are really the only two things I didn't like when I switched a year ago.

The more I use the Mac, the more I like it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
I also think the Apple key layout is pretty good, I used to keep switching keyboards back and forth, now I don't have the need to :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.