Broken Podcast Link?

Reaction score
Hello again Mac Forums!

I've got an interesting little problem this time around...

I have been downloading podcasts directly to my iPhone with much success since we were given the option a while back. This past week I went to DL one of my regulars and found that there is a problem on the server side of that particular podcast and my iPhone cannot completely download it.

I went ahead and downloaded it to my MBP instead. It took a whopping 45 minutes even though I have a 16mb-down connection. I have the podcast now and it has since been loaded to my iPhone. The problem is that iTunes on my phone is still stuck on this podcast and won't DL anything else until this podcast has been downloaded.

I have searched for ways to delete a partially downloaded podcast from the iTunes queue with no success. I would prefer not to restore the factory settings on my phone but this needs to be fixed because I cannot DL any other podcasts until this "broken" one is removed.

Thanks for all of your help everyone!

-Razz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
Wow, bummer. Will the DL finish quicker if you're on wifi instead of 3G?

Have you done a reset, or at worst a full restore?

OP
RazzLee
Reaction score
Wow, bummer. Will the DL finish quicker if you're on wifi instead of 3G?

Have you done a reset, or at worst a full restore?
You have to be connected to wifi in order to DL anything from iTunes. I think this particular podcast is linked to a very slow server.

I'm going to set it up to DL tonight while I'm sleeping. If it hasn't finished by the time I wake up I'll look into a reset.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
You have to be connected to wifi in order to DL anything from iTunes. I think this particular podcast is linked to a very slow server.

I'm going to set it up to DL tonight while I'm sleeping. If it hasn't finished by the time I wake up I'll look into a reset.

Sorry, I was under the expression that you can download from itunes on both wifi and 3g but the podcasts have to be under 10mb. But that is a slow server, keep us posted on how it turns out.

Reaction score
Sorry to necropost, but I wanted to contribute an answer for others like you that have been having this problem.

I too had a problem with a broken podcast link. I tried to download it via iTunes app on my iPhone (iOS 5) and because the link was broken, the episode entered a zombie state where it was listed under Music>Podcasts, but could neither be deleted nor played. It just had the icloud streaming icon. My Mac iTunes was unable to exert any control over it.

I went into the filesystem with iFile (jailbreak was required). I did a few things and am not completely sure which solved it. But I strongly suggest it was fixed by going to
/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control/iTunes​

and renaming MediaLibrary.sqlitedb, MediaLibrary.sqlitedb-shm, and MediaLibrary.sqlitedb-wal. I restarted Music and it appeared empty, telling me to sync with iTunes on my mac. Luckily iTunes still recognized my iPhone and I didn't have to do a complete re-sync... just select the music I wanted to use. Everything has been fixed!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.