Max wattage of a G5 power supply

Reaction score
For whatever reason, when I turn on/off my diningroom light the Mac wakes up from sleep mode and revs his fans for a few seconds. I'm no electrician, but I would guess this shouldn't happen. As a result, I decided I should invest some cash in a decent UPS with Automatic Voltage Regulation. My problem comes in trying to estimate the maximum amount of power my dual 2.0 G5, 20" cinema display, scanner, and deskjet printer would pull if all were running simultaneously at full bore. I can do the math and figure out the peripherals, but I don't know what size power supply is in my Mac. I both pulled the cover off and scoured the Internet (to include Appl'es website), but haven't been able to come up with the wattage of my power supply. Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I love student discount (sig)
I think the G5 power supply is around 560W

Don't quote me though ;)

OP
C
Reaction score
Got it, Thanks

I'm certainly glad I decided to ask the question before I pissed away money on an UPS that would have been insufficient for the job. I was going to get an 800VA (540w) UPS. It might have been almost enough for the Mac alone, but not the monitor and the peripherals. Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.