LG Dare

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo White macbook, 2GB RAM, Running OS 10.5.6
Hey guys. So for my birthday about 4 months ago I got the LG Dare. It's a nice phone. Great coverage, great voice quality, pretty good touch screen (not as responsive as iPhone:Angry: ) and it certainly does not have the accesability. I absolutely do NOT want to spend $8 for a cheap flash game that I can probably program myself! So I've decided to try to hack into the phone so that it will play applets that I program for it in either Actionscript or C++ but I haven't been able to do this because, surprise surprise, Verizon made the LG Dare a NON-STANDARD version of BREW. Anyone have any ideas on what to do next?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I'm not going to pretend I know how to do what you want, but I found a link I hope is of use. You can find it here.

I know you say that it is a non-standard version of BREW but that link might allow you to get started.

OP
acmq70
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo White macbook, 2GB RAM, Running OS 10.5.6
I'm not going to pretend I know how to do what you want, but I found a link I hope is of use. You can find it here.

I know you say that it is a non-standard version of BREW but that link might allow you to get started.

Thanks for the info. I was completely missing a step and developing my app in the wrong template but still, the Dare is missing from the list of resolutions and such. Also this BREW MP is coming out in Q2 of 2009. If I have my business right, that is not untill the spring April-June.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Thanks for the info. I was completely missing a step and developing my app in the wrong template but still, the Dare is missing from the list of resolutions and such. Also this BREW MP is coming out in Q2 of 2009. If I have my business right, that is not untill the spring April-June.

You shoulda went with the iphone. Very easy to hack :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.