Crumpler Cheesy Disco

Reaction score
So I've pretty much decided I'm buying a Macbook 13" and I've been looking at bags for it. I'm a student so a bag with room to carry notebooks, textbooks etc would be ideal. I've been looking at the Crumpler Cheesy Disco (probably black) and wondered whether anyone else had one for their Macbook and what you think of it. I've got a few questions:

1) Does it fit the Macbook quite well? I want it to be protected so would I need a sleeve as well?

2) Is the bag big enough for notes/books as well as the Mac?

3) Is the bag quite bulky? I've seen different photos and in one in particular it looked massive.

4) The 'third leg' thing isn't something I'm interested in. Does it detach or hide away or is that big length of strap gonna be flapping about if I don't clip it round me?

Hope you guys can help.
Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Watching a video of the bag, it looks as though it already comes with a sleeve for your Macbook.

From my experience, messenger style bags will fit a Macbook and several books quite nicely. However, if you need to be carrying a lot of books, then you may be better off with a traditional backpack.

I had a messenger bag in college and it worked out great as I usually only carried one or two books along with my Macbook. In law school, however, I have to carry more books, so I had to switch to a backpack to be able to fit books and my Macbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
STM - really nice bags there.

I don't know much about the company you are looking at, but there are some really nice bags from STM, who make many bags for laptops, mostly macs.

The delivery might take a while, because they ship from Australia. I have an STM bag and it works great for me. (I am a student as well. :))

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 17"
ive had my crumpler bag for years - its a now discontinued model (the very busy man bag), but still holds a new 17" macbook pro as good as the day it was bought.

the bag material is bomb-proof, the straps and clips are impeccable (yep, you can remove the third leg strap), and plenty of room for a laptop, books, chargers etc. its big enough without being bulky, and comfortable to carry around all day.

if you get one of the laptop bags you dont need a sleeve - the sleeve is built into the bag itself with extra padding, holding it snug and separate from notebooks and other stuff. the design is sensational, best laptop bag ive ever used.

check the site - the cheesy disco seems to be an old model bag. id recommend something like the "considerable embarrassment" - https://www.crumplerbags.com/flash/...details/considerable-embarrassment-ce13a.html. buy it directly from crumpler - they are quick, simple and a pleasure to deal with.

i cant rate crumpler bags high enough - best in show.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.