Raid question on Mac Pro

Reaction score
My Mac Pro currently has 2 drives. The main drive with OS and Apps and then I have a 2nd 1TB drive with my all my clients images for my photography business. These images are backed up on disc, but the 1TB drives is my working drive. I was thinking about setting up a raid and add a second 1TB drive to back up the other. I am new at Raid and not sure what is the best option. Also, if I do this will I lose speed performance when working with the images in Photoshop CS4?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Implementing RAID will add resilience to your system, but RAID is not a substitute for proper external backups of your data.

Before you decide on a RAID level, first determine if you have a READ-intensive environment or a WRITE intensive environment.
It's a balancing act and depending on the RAID level, you might see a performance increase in READ operations and take a hit on WRITE operations.

Also cost efficiency can be considered as RAID 5 is more cost efficient than RAID 1

When possible, go for a hardware implementation of RAID, not a software implementation.

If you google for it, you will find very usefull information and user experiences.

Hope this helps.
Cheers
McBie

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.