help regarding parallel windows

Reaction score
I have installed windowss vista using parallel windows but forgot to add a desktop icon to quickly launch it how do i do that. also HOW DO I ENABLE WINDOWS AERO??? I was also wondeing will the virtual drive automatically increase in size as i need it?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Do you really need Aero?

I don't know Parallels very well but most VM's are limited in the video memory they are allocated or able to utilize. Even if you were able to get enough video memory, it would be a waste of resources, especially in a VM. Perhaps someone familiar with Parallels can elaborate a little better.

Did you set the virtual HD to be dynamically expanding (that what VirtualBox calls it, I'm not sure what Parallels calls it)? If so, it will expand up to the limit you set.

Reaction score
Aero requires full access to the video card; it wont run on any virtual machine. For Aero, you need Boot Camp.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.