Clear screen covers for the iPhone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10 GB 13" MacBook Pro, 64GB WiFi, 128GB iPhone 7
Is anyone using the clear covers that go on the iPhone screen? If so, do they work well? They're $10 for 3... I'm wondering how long they last with normal use. TIA.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
I am still operating with one stuck on six months ago.....no sign of bubbling or wear yet

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 3.2QC, 27" (Oct 2012), iPad (3rd)、iPhone 6 Plus
I think a protective cover is a 'must' item for the iPhone users... when I purchased my iPhone at the local AT&T store, the sales rep strongly recommended the cover and he was right. The one I got at the store was from CaseMate and it worked well. They are almost exactly the same size of the screen so the installation requires an extremely careful attention. Otherwise, the edge may be off from the corner which will later collect fine dust. The other one is from Power Support and these covers are slightly smaller than the actual screen and it fits perfect. Nothing hangs out from the edge. The cover from CaseMate would have lasted more than a few months if the edge did not collect dust.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Book G4 10.5.5
Just got my iphoen on sat, woooo hooooo!!! Bought the "anti-glare film set" from POWER SUPPORT in the Apple Store, very good quality, it comes with 2 in a pack for a tenner (UK pounds), bit pricey, but seem good quality, quite thick but does not affect the sensitivity of the screen. And what I particularly like about it is that is of a matte finish, so no finger prints left whatsoever (mayber one or two). The best screen protector I have used so far on all phones.

Reaction score
I was at my local mall and got my phone covered at an Invisishield kiosk. Best investment I've made for it.

Reaction score
The sales rep at the AT&T store where I bought my iphone told me they weren't necessary. she got a pair of scissors and jabbed the display phone several times. I was amazed that it didn't even scratch or damage the screen. Saying that, I still use a phone cover from iSkin.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, iMac G3, 3 iPods, iPhone 3G
I would strongly recommend an invisible shield. The shields are scratch proof on top of scratch proofing your phone. Great investment for around $15. I have had them on all my iPods and iPhone and they are all still in mint condition.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
I would strongly recommend an invisible shield. The shields are scratch proof on top of scratch proofing your phone. Great investment for around $15. I have had them on all my iPods and iPhone and they are all still in mint condition.

Agreed on the screen part, however I am already on my 2nd full body shield for my iphone, they keep peeling off on the corners. And its sure isnt from installation inexperience since I have installed dozens of them on various devices with out any problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, iMac G3, 3 iPods, iPhone 3G
Agreed on the screen part, however I am already on my 2nd full body shield for my iphone, they keep peeling off on the corners. And its sure isnt from installation inexperience since I have installed dozens of them on various devices with out any problems

Agreed... ha ha I've been a little frustrated with the corners... and have also installed quite a few. But i prefer it over some bulky case.

Reaction score
My Experience

I also agree that cover and screen protector are necessary. I prefer a hard cover and got one from DealSniper. I love my case. It’s fabulous.:) It matches my style. It doesn’t make my iPhone bulky and is tough enough. The site sells at reasonable price.

P1040059 .jpg

Attachments

• P1040064 .jpg
    P1040064 .jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 14
Reaction score
You will def need one of the screen covers other wise the screen will get marked so quickly! I would also say get a full case for it as i found the whole phone gets marks easily!

i've just got the hard 'incase' slider case which i feel is best one i've had!

Reaction score
Slim iPhone case

You will def need one of the screen covers other wise the screen will get marked so quickly! I would also say get a full case for it as i found the whole phone gets marks easily!

i've just got the hard 'incase' slider case which i feel is best one i've had!

Right. The screen is always full of finger print. I have just order a mirror screen protector from the site DealSniper.com. Hope it will arrive soon.

I have thought of full case, but it seems too bulky. I love my red Amano case, as it’s slim.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.