Time Capsule Wireless Problems

Reaction score
I’ve had my TC for one year and it worked fine up until about 4 months ago when the wireless signal would drop out while I was on my MacBook Pro and my wife was on her MacBook. It seems to only be the wireless that drops out because when I plug into the TC with an Ethernet cord, it connects to the internet with no problems. If I restart the TC, the wireless signal will connect with our laptops for a brief period of time before dropping out again.
I have tried physically moving the TC to different locations hoping that the problem is related to interference but no matter where I place the TC, it will always drop the signal after a brief period of working fine. I have changed the security level and pretty well all other suggestions I have found on various Mac forums but nothing has worked. Not only has nothing worked but no one seems to know just what the heck is going on.
The only thing I know is that it worked fine until late 2008. I don’t know if I downloaded a firmware or software package that screwed the whole thing up but it’s looking more and more like that is the culprit.
I know that no one can help me. What I’d like to know is if anyone knows when or if Apple is going to address this problem because it seems to me like it’s a ubiquitous one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.