Remote Desktop

Reaction score
Is there a way to remote desktop from a Mac to a PC? or just from Mac to Mac?

I

i2oadi2unnei2

Avid6eek said:
Is there a way to remote desktop from a Mac to a PC? or just from Mac to Mac?

I'm still new to Macs and still learning, but this is what I understand:

You can use Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) from your Mac to any Windows OS that is IF they are either running WinXP or any Windows Server OS. When you use RDC, you are connecting to Windows "terminal services". WinXP and Windows servers has built in Terminal Services already. So if you try to connect to Windows 2000 Professional, it won't work...

As far as Remote Desktop from Mac to Mac, I believe you need to purchase this from Apple? I've seen this software and its not cheap <grin>. And as for VNC, yes that should work also, but I haven't experience that for myself yet.

Cheers,

RR

OP
Avid6eek
Reaction score
i2oadi2unnei2 said:
You can use Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) from your Mac to any Windows OS that is IF they are either running WinXP or any Windows Server OS. When you use RDC, you are connecting to Windows "terminal services". WinXP and Windows servers has built in Terminal Services already. So if you try to connect to Windows 2000 Professional, it won't work.
Is this feature built into OS X, or is it something I'd have to purchase?

OP
Avid6eek
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I downloaded it and everything works great.

Reaction score
That VNC stuff is pretty kewl, I have the client on my PC and the server on my mac mini. Only complaint is that when you start up the mini w/o a monitor plugged into it, you can only do 800x600 or 1024x768.

I

i2oadi2unnei2

mynameis said:
That VNC stuff is pretty kewl, I have the client on my PC and the server on my mac mini. Only complaint is that when you start up the mini w/o a monitor plugged into it, you can only do 800x600 or 1024x768.

Cool! I don't really use much client/server remote connections so I have no use for any other apps other then RDC at the moment. Once I get enough parts to build a Linux server, I'll try VNC. Since we use mostly Windoze servers at work, RDC is just what I need.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.