Is there good printing software for a Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MACBook Pro OS X 10.4.11
I hope this is the right forum for this thread. Please let me know if it's not. I'm new to the site.

I am the official "Hockey Mom" for my son's team and I make all the "stuff" for the boys. Game Puck labels, press passes for parents, signs for our parents at games, posters, banners, etc. I used to use Printmaster on my PC because it was easy and fast. Is there anything out there that can be used on a MAC?
I also have the old Adobe Publishing collection for my PC which included photoshop (the old, good one). And I would LOVE to get it for my MAC, but I don't have the money for it now.

What is my best solution for this simple problem? Please help if you can.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
have you tried Gimp? it's the "freeware photoshop" ... I never got used to it and don't like it that much, but the functionality is very similar once you get used to the different layout and workflow and it's very powerful

if you want to use your windows version of photoshop and if you have a copy of windows, you could always use Boot Camp to switch to windows and use photoshop there? it is very uncomfortably switching around when you want to use your Mac,but PS is expensive to get :-/

I'm not saying this is the best solution, but it's an idea

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I hope this is the right forum for this thread. Please let me know if it's not. I'm new to the site.

I am the official "Hockey Mom" for my son's team and I make all the "stuff" for the boys. Game Puck labels, press passes for parents, signs for our parents at games, posters, banners, etc. I used to use Printmaster on my PC because it was easy and fast. Is there anything out there that can be used on a MAC?
I also have the old Adobe Publishing collection for my PC which included photoshop (the old, good one). And I would LOVE to get it for my MAC, but I don't have the money for it now.

What is my best solution for this simple problem? Please help if you can.

Thanks!

There's 2 types of software you will want to get ahold of. The first is a "desktop publishing app". This is the software that lets you set up a page layout to your liking (arrange columns, headers, etc), add text, graphics, and most anything if the particular app you are using is powerful enough. The link provided by rshames leads to an app called Scribus that looks very promising. I think I'll be trying it out myself in fact.

The second type of software you may need is a "graphics editor". The only reason you may need this is to modify an existing graphic or create new ones of your own design. If you have a library of clip art that you plan to use in your printouts, then you may not need an editing program at all. Seashore is a lightweight, OS X-native version of Gimp that can suit well the most basic needs. You can find that and others in rshames' link.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.