Viewing Photos

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
I have a Canon XSI and shoot in .jpg + Raw. I usually transfer the photos from the memory card to a dvd and then work from there. I like to preview my photos to pick those for editing. If I view them in Finder, they are small thumbnails and I can view the photo full screen in Preview but would like to view the entire batch at a larger size than the thumbnails, preferably something quicker also. How do you guys usually view the entire batch? Any suggestions for a good viewer?
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" Glossy 2.16 gHz/2gig/320g
I use Lightroom 2, but you can use Image Browser, it should have come with your Xsi. I used this before I purchased LR2/PS CS4. Also, you can choose all of your photos and open them in Preview, then just look at them full size, one by one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2.0 is what I use. I have tried quite a few other programs and never liked any other as much as lightroom. You should definatley check it out.

OP
Doug in Alaska
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
I use Lightroom 2, but you can use Image Browser, it should have come with your Xsi. I used this before I purchased LR2/PS CS4. Also, you can choose all of your photos and open them in Preview, then just look at them full size, one by one.

I'll check Lightroom 2 out but for now Image Browser is just what I need. Thanks for the help.

OP
Doug in Alaska
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
I've created 'Events' in iPhoto for pictures that have been edited. I wanted a viewer for scanning photos pre-processing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.