Sites with a lot of images disconnects internet

Reaction score
Every time I visit a website with A LOT of images, My MacBook Pro disconnects from the internet. It acts as though it's loading for a while and then I will get a message that I am disconnected from the internet. It will also disconnect all the other computers connected to the internet (through my wireless netgear router). The other computers are PC laptops and everything is connected wirelessly. Do I need a new router or is there another quick fix? Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Every time I visit a website with A LOT of images, My MacBook Pro disconnects from the internet. It acts as though it's loading for a while and then I will get a message that I am disconnected from the internet. It will also disconnect all the other computers connected to the internet (through my wireless netgear router). The other computers are PC laptops and everything is connected wirelessly. Do I need a new router or is there another quick fix? Thanks!

What happens when you only have one machine connected to the internet at a time and you access a site with many images? (Turn off all the PCs and only keep your MBP on.)

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.