• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iMovie 08: distortions after export

Reaction score
Hi. I hope somebody out there can help.

When viewing exported iMovie 08 projects I can see distortions of the following kind: short thin horizontal black lines appearing 20 to 30 times within a four-minute clip. They are player-independent, since they also occur after burning the clips with iDVD. These distortions also appear in "simple" clips, that is clips without transitions or titles. They are also visible in slide shows. They are visible no matter what export option I choose: either iMovie's built-in option or export via QuickTime movie to dv or iPod stream. The original clips and jPEG pictures are flawless.

I have a Macbook 2.4 GHz Core Intel Duo with 4 GB RAM.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Same thing here!

I have the exact same issue with my black MacBook 2.4 ghz with 4gb ram. I have this issue with os x 10.5.7 and iMovie '09.

Has anyone found a solution to this yet? So frustrating!

Reaction score
And the saga continues. I wrote a letter to Steve Jobs and it was forwarded to Nate Doss in the executive department. Apple clearly does not care about it's customers or getting this issue resolved. According to Nate, a software engineer has been calling and emailing me to get this resolved.
Not true. I am fed up with this company and filed a claim with the Better Business Bureau. I suggest that you all contact Nate directly at dossj[at]apple[dot]com and call him 916-399-7245.

Maybe one of you will have better luck. I'm done and I'm filing a class action lawsuit against this sad excuse of a company.

Reaction score
Hi, I have the same problem with iMovie '11, and I can't find the solution anywhere.

Since this post has not been updated for a long time, did someone find the solution ?

It's very frustrating, I tried a lot of combinations with no results yet.

Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.