Stack Icon

Reaction score
Ok it has arrived :)

I made a stack for applications, but is there a way to change the icon?

By default i made it Spaces by adding a space at the front, but i can see address book behind it. Anyway to get rid of address book from behind it?

Thanks

Reaction score
I don't think you can change a Stack icon, since the icons are sorted (in your case, it sounds like alphabetically)

OP
A
Reaction score
I don't think you can change a Stack icon, since the icons are sorted (in your case, it sounds like alphabetically)

Ok nm.

Also why when running windows on bootcamp does it get really hot, and on os x it cools down again. settings?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, late 2012 model, 21"
Try this.

1. Open the Finder.
  2. In the sidebar, right-click on the Applications icon and select "Get Info."
  3. In the window that appears, click on the Applications icon (it looks like an "A" made from a paint brush, a pencil and a ruler) to select it.
  4. In the menu bar, select Edit -> Copy.
  5. Close the Information Window and go back into your Finder.
  6. Click on "Macintosh HD" from the sidebar.
  7. Right-click on the Applications folder and select "Get Info."
  8. As you did before, highlight the icon in the upper right of the window that appears.
  9. In the menu bar, select Edit -> Paste. You should have now pasted the sidebar Application icon in that window.
  10. Right-click on the Application stack you created in the dock and select "Display as Folder." You should now see the Application icon in your dock.

Much better, no? :)

Reaction score
Also why when running windows on bootcamp does it get really hot, and on os x it cools down again. settings?
You would be better off posting this question on its own thread.

OP
A
Reaction score
Try this.

1. Open the Finder.
  2. In the sidebar, right-click on the Applications icon and select "Get Info."
  3. In the window that appears, click on the Applications icon (it looks like an "A" made from a paint brush, a pencil and a ruler) to select it.
  4. In the menu bar, select Edit -> Copy.
  5. Close the Information Window and go back into your Finder.
  6. Click on "Macintosh HD" from the sidebar.
  7. Right-click on the Applications folder and select "Get Info."
  8. As you did before, highlight the icon in the upper right of the window that appears.
  9. In the menu bar, select Edit -> Paste. You should have now pasted the sidebar Application icon in that window.
  10. Right-click on the Application stack you created in the dock and select "Display as Folder." You should now see the Application icon in your dock.

Much better, no? :)

Excellent.
I only did from 6 down and it worked perfectly, thanks :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

What programs are you running in Windows which cause the machine to get hot? Games?

You might want to try SpeedFan for Windows. Link

There are also other programs you can run in Windows which can help to throttle back the CPU speed and voltage thereby allowing it to run cooler. However, for the most part the fan or fans in your new Mac are controlled thermally and should speed up or down as the temperature rises and falls. Thermal control has nothing to do with the operating system.

Regards.

OP
A
Reaction score
What programs are you running in Windows which cause the machine to get hot? Games?

You might want to try SpeedFan for Windows. Link

There are also other programs you can run in Windows which can help to throttle back the CPU speed and voltage thereby allowing it to run cooler. However, for the most part the fan or fans in your new Mac are controlled thermally and should speed up or down as the temperature rises and falls. Thermal control has nothing to do with the operating system.

Regards.

Thanks for the link, but i realised what it was. It was just the HDD when install stuff. Hence why DMG files are better.

So I just keep my desk fan pointing towards the area. This keeps it cool while i install stuff. I don't let anything go above that. In fact the CPU idles at 40 degrees (Celsius) on OSX. I don't have anything like iStat for Windows so i haven't checked.

I only use windows for games, so i will get SpeedFan and test the next time i am on windows.
What would the max temp be for the CPU?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.