2.0 vs. 2.4 Alum Macbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
I bought the macbook 2.4 the minute it was released, it was a stock 2.4, I used it for about a month and then Moved to a MBA, sold my Air and bought a imac ,then a 2.0 because I change so much.

The thing I noticed, is for some reason, the 2.0 is much faster, OK I have no reason for it and I feel stupid even saying this but for general everyday stuff the 2.0 seems faster, nothing has changed all factors are the same.

I don't really miss the lit keyboard, it is OK, but not worth the money, IMHO
I am very happy with this macbook and hope to have it for a long time ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
I bought the macbook 2.4 the minute it was released, it was a stock 2.4, I used it for about a month and then Moved to a MBA, sold my Air and bought a imac ,then a 2.0 because I change so much.

The thing I noticed, is for some reason, the 2.0 is much faster, OK I have no reason for it and I feel stupid even saying this but for general everyday stuff the 2.0 seems faster, nothing has changed all factors are the same.

I don't really miss the lit keyboard, it is OK, but not worth the money, IMHO
I am very happy with this macbook and hope to have it for a long time ;)

ummmmmmmmmmm ok :)

It sounds like you pay some growing pain fees a lot. I had a macbook that still seems to boot faster than any MBP I have had. That however, has to do with each mac and its "load up drivers". The MB has less than a Pro, and should start up 2-5 seconds quicker from what Ive witnessed.

Big deal? **** no.

OP
AirAddict
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
No fees at all friends at Apple :) I just find it very strange.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.