Dock and Mouse Behavior issues.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 05' G5 4x2.5 PowerPC, 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM
Hello to all, and thank you for having me on your forum.

Now that i've brown nosed a little, on to business.

I've got a late 05 G5 Quad Core, running OS X 10.4.11

Everything was fine until I shut down, and then re-booted the next morning, and things were Cuckoo.

My dock, (even though it is on auto hide and show), does not auto hide and show, but if you click where the dock "would be", it will pop up. But it is not animated, and is just acting plain weird.

Next would be the mouse behaviors, there seems to be no reactivity with any button, or say on final cut, when using the blade tool, it does not change to the blade tool, but it does the blade function, same with photoshop tools, it just looks like a cursor, or a stock mouse clicker arrow. It's as if it lost it's ability to change, and react, like when you mouse over buttons, nothing happens, when usually they would light up, or have behaviors like being pushed in. This happens whether I am on a website, or on my desktop. Also when I rightclick (or control click) on something, it doesn't highlight the items as I scroll over them with the mouse, and if you click on another subfolder and don't keep it clicked in, it will kill the folder, but if you keep it clicked in, and then let go once you get onto your selected file or program it will select it.

So,,, long story summed up, yes I can still work,,, but no I don't like it.

Thanks for anyone willing to help with this weird problem.

PS... ran disk utility already, didn't help.

THANKS AGAIN!

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks.

Well... I just got done trying everything on your list,, and not one of those things helped the problem.. I appreciate the effort. but I've got no change in the behavior.

Anybody else wanna chime in?

Thanks for making me feel so welcome ;D

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
If you create a new user account and log into that instead of your current account, does it still act the same way? Worth a try if you have not tried it.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Tried that as well.

I made a new user account... and nada... same thing.

I am just quite the unlucky guy I guess.

Anybody got any more suggestions I am wide open.

Thanks again.
:Lips-Are-Sealed:

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Seriously?

Wow... I figured somebody else would have had a similar problem or something... I've never experienced a total shut out on a forum on any question. I am usually able to at least figure something out,.. Well... there's still time...

COME ON Mac GURUS!

Let's see your stuff. :Evil:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.