• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Help with .avi to DVD problem !

Reaction score
Hi.

Anybody who knows how to create DVD well.

My problem is this.

I have tried so many time to convert .avi files to DVD for playing in normal DVD players.
I tried with VisualHub and also Aimersoft DVD Creator and it converts the movie to DVD just fine and it plays smooth and great on the computer.
But when i burn the DVD and try it on my normal house DVD player. Its not running smooth. Its like panning with small stops.
Sorry for my bad english explanation. But the point is all the DVD i burned is not playing smoothly ?
I tried 2 different DVD players, so its not that. It must be in the process somewhere

I have tried everything what i can think of. Burning with slower speed (4x) but it always comes out a little jumping.

Can it have something to do with PAL Vs NTSC ? i just leave the DVD creator apps on NTSC because most of the movies i convert from .avi to DVD are ripped
in America with NTSC format so i just leave the application at that even that i live in Europe (PAL)

But from what i know. Most DVD players now play both PAL & NTSC

If someone with good nullage of movie conversion etc. Please help me out here.. I already waisted 10 DVD.. lol

Thanks you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook - 2.0GHz - OS = 10.5.6
Others have mentioned Handbrake - although I have not tried it yet. I have had success with Burn (http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/). So far it has never failed me. I do own a lower-end home DVD player and have had no issues playing the DVD's.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.