upgrading Ibook Ram??

Reaction score
Hey

I was wondering could anyone tell me does the iBook have a ram expansion slot on the motherboard?? or will I have to replace all the RAM with bigger RAM????

Thanks

;)

Reaction score
Check crucial.com, put in your iBook model, it will tell you if you do, I believe they all had one slot and some memory soldered on the logic board. It will also tell you the type and the max amount of ram supported.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
are you talking about the expansion slot under the keyboard?

OP
I
Reaction score
fearlessfreap24 said:
are you talking about the expansion slot under the keyboard?

Is that an expansion slot??

Here is my question.... I ordered an ibook with 738mb ram

I will want to upgrade it when I get a chance.

Do I buy ram to add to this.... or do I have to take out that RAM and put in some new, completely different RAM??

Maybe a stupid question buy im not great with hardware!!!

Thanks!! ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
The iBook you ordered comes with 256 MB soldered to the board. Since you ordered an upgrade to 768 MB, your machine will also come with a 512 MB stick installed in the upgrade slot. If you want to upgrade even further at a later date, you will have to remove the 512 MB stick and replace it with a 1 GB stick, for a total of 1.25 GB.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.