Design software for ibook!

Reaction score
hey,

Im still waiting on my iBook....!!

Was just wondering is PSP available for the iBook?? Also is it worth getting MS Office??

I am a student of multimedia and web design so anyone suggest some good software??

I have studio MX 2004

But Im not too sure about getting photoshop..... bit steep!!!! :baron:

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
No, Paint Shop Pro is not available for the iBook, however, you should be able to get a hefty student discount on Photoshop.

It is worth getting MS Office if you need absolute compatibility with Office. If your school is standardized on Office, I would say definitely get it. Again, it's cheap with a student discount.

OP
I
Reaction score
schweb said:
No, Paint Shop Pro is not available for the iBook, however, you should be able to get a hefty student discount on Photoshop.

It is worth getting MS Office if you need absolute compatibility with Office. If your school is standardized on Office, I would say definitely get it. Again, it's cheap with a student discount.

Where is the best place to buy with student discount???

On the adobe site I cant find anything about it.

What about elements... altough, I would probably benifit from getting CS.... I start a 4 year degree in multimedia in DCU next sept. so I am going to have to spend my money wisely!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
T

Tiranis

I believe that the student versions are sold somewhere on campus... though I'm not sure. Try to search google for "adobe student discount" or something similar, it should come up with the link to the Adobe site. ;)

Edit: What schweb said, college bookstore... ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
As much as I loved PSP for the PC, Photoshop really is nice for OS X, even though I didn't like it on Windoze much. You'll learn to love it of you try it.

OP
I
Reaction score
Meyvn said:
As much as I loved PSP for the PC, Photoshop really is nice for OS X, even though I didn't like it on Windoze much. You'll learn to love it of you try it.

I was looking on www.needsoftware.com and I have noticed that I would probably be saving more by purchasing adobe creative suite instead of just photoshop.

What do you think??

Is creative suite worth it??

What are the other programs like?? I have never used them.

Im really interested in getting into freelance web design,..... any suggestions on the best way to do so??

Thanks alot
:cool:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.