Can't send emails on Mail

Reaction score
Since yesterday I have been unable to send emails using Mail.

I have several accounts, 3 yahoo ones and my .mac (which receives & sends from both .mac and me) and can't send email from any of them, but I can recieve.

I haven't changed anything, it happened randomly, a few minutes before I had sent a couple of emails, and now they just won't send!

I tried changing the ports according to this message Apple - Support - Discussions - Can't send email ... but that didn't change anything.

Nothing has changed with our ISP or anything, so I really am at a loss as to why I can't send the emails all of a sudden.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Was having similar troubles when Leopard was first released. Go to System preferences>networki>advanced>DNS and advise what is recorded there. Had only the grayed out machine IP address and needed to get Primary and Secondary addresses from ISP, add to list by clicking the '+' button, and Mail worked.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.